Nordic Ski Racer - cross country ski racing    

Home  |  Racing |  Training |  Rollerskiing |  Trails |  Weather |  Equipment |  Forums |  Photos & Video

NordicSkiRacer.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Michigan Cup Forum
 Crystal Highlander - PLEASE ROGER !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dell Todd

71 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  1:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Race in Jeopardy ?!

We'll show up Roger. Please hold the race. If you can't set track in a mealy / thin section, can you lift the tracksetter & leave flat corduroy that we can DP thru?

I think you can see the enthusiasm for racing that we all have, especially due to the thin snow back home, so we need the racing just to get our snow-time.

If it's thin snow, I don't think anyone will "let you have it" if you try your best to hold the race. You will get thanks of gratitude from myself who have been looking forward to this race since the preseason pointless race that was so much fun.

Yes we are tired of low snow conditions and racing on snirt but it beats the alternative.

Thanks Roger, hope you get a lake effect flurry or two this week to clean things up & we'll see you there. Boy the Vasa weekend was beautiful and so enjoyable. Props to Pete Edwards and the Vasa Trail Crew & Timber Ridge crew. Well done.

Dell

Go GRNST !

cbyar

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  10:19:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't agree with Dell anymore. We ski racers know the challenges that the weather plays with our sport only too well. I know that every race organizer wants to put on the best event, but we all too often settle for the best event 'possible'. I think that the White Pine this year would be proof of that. I'm sure that 99.9% of the racers in this commiunity would never begrudge a race being held in less than perfect conditions. As long as it is safe, we'll show up and enjoy every second of it. I hope you'll consider this when making the decision on Thursday. Throwing a little snow, lifting the track setter in places, and re-routing can do wonders.

Christian Byar
Go to Top of Page

mmuha

USA
311 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  3:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit mmuha's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HA! The joke is on Roger: Crystal Mountain is going to get DUMPED ON in the next few days - they could get a foot or more of new snow!

http://www.nordicskiracer.com/weather/localweather.asp?city=Thompsonville
Go to Top of Page

Dell Todd

71 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  10:01:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roger & The Grooming Crew of Crystal,

THANK YOU for a great race. I must say, those are the conditions that we had hoped for (perfect tracks, grippy fast snow). It was a great race.

I didn't mind going to the Laughing Saloon either. The Temptation of Bass Ale on tap was too great. While Amy drove me home (a nice change !) I slept it off in the car & awoke in the sun to a beautiful winter day with all trees encased in ice crystals. A great day for Michigan Cup skiers. Thanks a bunch. We'll see you next time.

DT

Go GRNST !
Go to Top of Page

melzar coulter

Denmark
29 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2006 :  5:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit melzar coulter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dell -

Does that count as a folly? Amy and I had a lot of fun at your expense.

Melzar
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NordicSkiRacer.com Forums © 2004-11 NordicSkiRacer.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000