A Team NordicSkiRacer Wednesday night strength session
A Team NordicSkiRacer Wednesday night strength session:
1. Easy warm-up run
2. Repeat three times:
- Ski bound with poles up a short hill; 10 push-ups at the top
- Ski bound with poles up a short hill; a minute of "bicycles crunches" at
3. Repeat three times (front, right, then left plank)
- Sideways skate jumps up a short hill; Planks at the top
- Sideways skate jumps up a short hill; Dips at the top
4. A light drizzle tickles the skin. It's refreshing. It's better than
5. One-legged ski hops up short hill, right leg first, then left.
6. End the hill with some two-legged frog hops.
7. Some circuits, out of the mist, under the pavilion roof (nice and dry):
- Squats on a Bosu
- Doublepole with a 10# medicine ball
- Diagonal stride recovery motion with weights
- Sideways jump, touching the floor with your hand
- Diagonal stride arm motions with Armit resistance bands while sitting on
a Swiss Ball.
8. Medicine ball toss, everyone sitting in a close circle, feet off the
ground, tossing the medicine ball up and over to the person to the right. Six
times around the circle, then reverse.
9. Applaud each other for an effort well done.