Local law enforcement and race officials for the
American Birkebeiner have announced traffic plans for the upcoming 2007
Subaru American Birkebeiner on Saturday, Feb. 24.
• Access to Telemark Road (Spider Lake Firelane) at Hwy. OO will be closed to all traffic from 5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
• Telemark Road from Cty. Hwy. M will be for buses and authorized
vehicles only beginning at 5:30 a.m. Telemark Road will reopen to the
general public at 9:00 a.m.
• McNaught and Rod and Gun Club Road will be closed from 12:01 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
• Boedecker Road will be closed at the Birkebeiner trail crossing from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Highway OO will be closed to thru traffic at the trail crossing from
8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Race personnel and spectators will be able to
access the racecourse from either US Hwy. 63 or State Road 77.
• Highway 77 at Fish Hatchery Road will be closed to thru traffic from
9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Only local residents and Birkie bus traffic will
be allowed. Local traffic will only be able to get to Airport Road from
the west and Peninsula Road from the east.
• Mosquito Brook Road will be closed to thru traffic at the Birkebeiner trail crossing from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Wheeler Road and Duffy Road will be closed to thru traffic at the Birkebeiner trail crossing from 8:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
• Railroad Street at Marketplace Foods will be closed from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• Hwy. 63 at Main Street will be closed from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• Changes in detour information will be aired on WOJB-88.9 FM, WRLS-92.3 FM, WHSM-910 AM, WHSM-101.1 FM.