I am pleased to announce the 2005 Central Cross Country Skiing Coach’s Symposium. A learning weekend for Central Coaches at all levels; youth, middle and high school, junior, collegiate, young senior, club and adult. This year we will share with you the exceptional expertise and excellent knowledge of the coaches, wax technicians and Nordic program directors from the Central Division and around the country to help you develop, educate and produce successful programs along with the strongest athletes. Topics of the symposium will include interval training, distance training, time trials, strength training, recovery methods, technique training, waxing, long term planning, lactate testing, program development and sports marketing. All speakers will cover their topic for the J3/4, J2, J1 and OJ/Senior age group athletes.
Beginning at 6:00 PM Friday May 20th and concluding Sunday afternoon May 22nd. Please RSVP to Yuri prior to May 15th, 2005 to insure space and materials.
$20 per person includes materials for all participants and lodging for the first 30 registrants.
- Ian Harvey: 1985-1988 U.S. Ski Team member, 1990-1995 U.S. Biathlon Team member, 1992 U.S. Olympic Team member, Head of 2002 Olympic Games Toko Service, Head of International Tec-Rep, Member of the Toko Product Development Committee.
- Kevin Brochman: 2x U.S. Olympic Team member, former U.S. Olympic coach, Head Coach at St Olaf College and Minneapolis Ski Club
- Reid Lutter: MN Valley Ski Club, Midwest JO Head Coach and NCCSEF Director
- Bryan Fish: Head Coach UW Green Bay
- Piotr Bednarski: Former U.S. Biathlon Team Development Coach, 2000 U.S. Olympic Committee Coach of the Year, Director of Go! Training Program
- Yuriy Gusev: RSSS Head Coach and CXC Program Director
Friday, May 20th
6.00pm – Arrival
6.30pm - Introductions and informal discussions
7:30pm – Grill Out
Saturday, May 21st
8.30am – Waxing Seminar (Ian Harvey-Toko wax)
12.00am – Lunch
1.00pm – Strength Training (Kevin Brochman-St Olaf College/Minneapolis Ski Club)
2.00pm – Technique Training (Bryan Fish-UWGB)
3.00pm – Interval, Distance Training and Time Trials (Yuriy Gusev)
6.00pm – Dinner-Famous Dave’s
Sunday, May 22nd
9.00am – Long term planning and lactate testing (Piotr Bednarski-MN Biathlon/GO! Training)
10.00am – Nordic program development and sports marketing (Reid Lutter-MN Valley/NCCSEF)
11.00am – Early Lunch
12.00pm – Importance of recovery and recovery methods (Yuriy Gusev-CXC/RSSS)
WHERE: Cresthill Resort, Hayward, WI, 715-462-9911, Wilson@cresthillresort.com. Maps are available at www.cresthillresort.com. Lodging is available at no additional charge for Friday and Saturday, or only Saturday night. Cottages are fully furnished with complete kitchen facilities. Please bring your own breakfast and lunch food and something to grill Friday night.
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES: Kayaking, canoeing, rowing, road biking, Walleye/Musky/Bass fishing, swimming/sauna. Bring your own toys. Cresthill has plenty of fishing boats. Saturday dinner will at Famous Dave’s in the banquet room ordering off the menu.
ATTENDANCE: All XC coaches are invited.
Central Cross Country Skiing
Phone: (608) 385-8864
Fax: (608) 845-8254