HAYWARD, Wis. — Local law enforcement and race officials for the American Birkebeiner have announced traffic plans for the upcoming 2009 American Birkebeiner Thursday, Feb. 19 and Saturday, Feb. 21.
Thursday, February 19th
- US Highway 63 will be closed to all traffic from 12:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. for the Barnebirkie
Saturday, February 21st
- Access to Telemark Road (Spider Lake Firelane) at Hwy. OO will be closed to all traffic from 5:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Telemark Road from the Telemark Road Parking Lot will be for buses and authorized vehicles only beginning at 5:30 a.m. Telemark Road will reopen to the general public at 9:00 a.m.
- McNaught and Rod and Gun Club Road will be closed from 8:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Boedecker Road will be closed at the Birkebeiner trail crossing from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Changes in detour information will be aired on WOJB-88.9 FM, WRLS-92.3 FM, WHSM-910 AM, WHSM-101.1 FM.
- Highway OO will be closed to thru traffic at the trail crossing from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Race personnel and spectators will be able to access the race course from either US Highway 63 or State Road 77.
- Highway 77 at Fish Hatchery Road will be closed to thru traffic from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Only local residents and Birkie bus traffic will be allowed. Local traffic will only be able to get to Airport Road from the west and Peninsula Road from the east.
- Mosquito Brook Road will be closed to thru traffic at the Birkebeiner trail crossing from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Wheeler Road and Duffy Road will be closed to thru traffic at the Birkebeiner trail crossing from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Railroad Street at Marketplace Foods will be closed from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Vehicles can access Marketplace Foods from Hwy 27.
- Hwy. 63 at Main Street will be closed from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.