Saturday February 24, Stokely Creek Club is sponsoring the 3rd Annual 15-kilometer Nordic Time Trial. If you’ve never been skiing at Stokely Creek, 20K north of Sault Sainte Marie Ontario, it is a suberb venue for a ski race. I want to spread the word about how much fun is to be had, thus I’ve compiled a few good reasons to drive up for the weekend:
- 15K is great distance with enough hills to make it challenging without wearing you down, not to long that you have to be in great shape but long enough to get a good workout.
- It’s closer to Michigan than driving to the Hayward, Wi for the Birkie.
- Great prizes combined with a small first year entry field means greater chance of winning a free night stay at Stokley Creek Lodge or a fluorinated wax package.
- There are raffle prizes for those that don’t win overall prizes.
- The Stokely Creek Club house will be hosting an open house after the race. It’s a comfortable place to store gear, wind down after a ski, shower and sauna.
- The race follows an uncrowded staggered start format. Racers will start at one-minute intervals so as to give each other a little room and allow for both skate and classic skiing styles.
- Free hot food and cookies after the race.
Registration Form (PDF). For more information, go to the Race Calender.