Last two days

Trail reports from ALL regions

Sun, Dec 9: Nubs Nob (Harbor Springs)

Great wintery conditions today with superb scenery. Somehow my blue kick wax was not doing wonders, and switching to my skin tec paid off. Looks like skaters were moving quite well too.

- Gui.

Sun, Dec 9: Forbush Corner (Frederic)

Trails are holding up good today. We will be open tomorrow from 10 AM until 3 PM.

- Todd

Sun, Dec 9: Huron Meadows Metropark (Brighton)

Snow making is well under way with great results. We will start spreading snow on on the original Buck's Run track on monday. It will take several days to get a decent base since this is the first application of snow for the year. We will add more leaght as we continue to have cold temps that will keep the snow.

- Adam Haberkorn

Sun, Dec 9: Valley Spur (Munising)

Trails are shaping up nice. Groomed all skate lanes this morning,some twice.Bay Nordics were there early again today training and enjoying the fresh grooming. So nice to see these young skiers out participating in this great sport.

- dan rabine

Sun, Dec 9: Forbush Corner (Frederic)

Had a great ski this morning! get out/up there and ski. Over all full coverage with thin spots and a few dirt spots showing. Was accompanied with Ryan Harris. Got an hour and a half in before Cars started to show up. Off To work.

- robert smith

Sun, Dec 9: Cross Country Ski Headquarters (Higgins Lake)

It was a great day on snow yesterday. The Jordyn Ross Clinic was a big hit, with so many attendees that she had to run an overflow clinic! The snow on the practice area is in great shape, and is perfect for demos, lessons, and to just ski around and work on technique. Bob snowcombed the Rolling Hills trail yesterday, and in the words of one of several people who skied it, it was "better than expected!" The frosted-over oak leaves that are intermixed with the packed snow are actually fairly skiable. We will snow comb all the other trails today in an effort to drive the frost into the ground. We still recommend rock skis for the time being until we get a bit more snow, as conditions are still marginal to fair.

The Stone Turtle Day Lodge Café is now open every day! Join us for classic chili, panini sandwiches, and Stu's favorite: Bosco Sticks!! We have lots of great gift ideas for Christmas! Just asked one of our highly trained staff members to show you some of our favorites. Let it snow!

- Mariah, Stu, Bob, Lynne, Erin, Matt, Becca, Gill, Annie, Missy, Michelle and the crew

Sat, Dec 8: Forbush Corner (Frederic)

Fast snow all day today. Great grooming for skating despite the thin base, with no significant dirt spots. Too thin for classic tracks.

- Gui.

Sat, Dec 8: Vasa Trail (Traverse City)

My first classic ski for the season on the Vasa trail, meeting up with Kathy & Lise at the Timber Ridge/4 Corners intersection at noon, then skiing out to The Rock on the 25k, bypassing The Wall to the 10k split, and back to Timber Ridge, 16km in 2.5 hrs. Thanks, TART groomers, for rolling the trail 2x. There's not enough base to do more until we receive more snow, but a great early season start, with some avoidable dirt patches, leaves & tree debris. And a bonus, the sun was shining when I got back to TR, but not so early to melt the snow! Passed many other friends along the trail, enjoying their first Vasa ski, too.

- Sara Cockrell

Sat, Dec 8: Valley Spur (Munising)

Overall conditions are quite good. Classic tracks are 90% excellent with the other 10% thin in some of the low spots. They skied fast today with Blue Extra. Skate lanes are mostly very good to excellent with some low spots where the groomer track shows through due to the truck ruts on the trails. The logging operations from the USFS timber sale over the last 2 years have done some damage and it takes a fair amount of snow and grooms the whip it into shape. Very good, typical early season conditions.

- dan rabine

Sat, Dec 8: Nubs Nob (Harbor Springs)

Mid-winter powertilled perfection today. Nubs received another 6” since yesterday and the entire system was tilled and a deep track was set. Firm and fast!

- ZJ

Sat, Dec 8: Forbush Corner (Frederic)

All East side trails will be grommed again this morning. The skating deck is really good. No track set yet. Open at 9 both days this weekend. still B skis, just to be on the safe side.

- Ann Wagar

Sat, Dec 8: Black Mountain (Onaway)

Black Mountain has snow! There is not enough solid base yet for grooming, but skiers have been out on the trails, and there is enough snow for skiing the system. Welcome to another season, which hopefully will be a long snowy season of great conditions. Get out this weekend or next week and get some December skiing in the best system in the lower peninsula! There are several inches in the woods, and even more on the trails! Enjoy the beginning of ski season at Black Mountain!

- Jim Soubly