We Want You! Calling All Team Alumni
- By USSA
PARK CITY, Utah (May 15) - Were you a member of the U.S. Ski Team, U.S. Snowboarding or named to a Winter Olympics, Paralympics or World Championships team in your youth? The Team is looking for you!
Since the first Winter Olympics in 1924, when they were called the Games of Winter and included only nordic skiing, to the 20th Winter Games in 2006, where snowboardcross debuted, there have been more than a thousand national team athletes in the ski sports of alpine, freestyle, cross country, nordic combined, ski jumping, and disabled alpine and cross country, and also snowboarding.
Over the years, the Team's database has become outdated with emerging technologies (from paper notebooks to electronic databases) and alumni moving around the country and losing touch as they pursue careers and families.
"The alumni play such an integral role in the success of today's Team," said Jill DeVleming, alumni manager. "We hope by reaching out, the alumni athletes will contact us directly to ensure they are a part of the legacy of the U.S. Ski Team and U.S. Snowboarding and we can recognize them for their commitment to our great winter sports." National team alumni should contact the U.S. Ski Team and U.S. Snowboarding noting:
Send information by:
- Which sport competed in (alpine, freestyle, cross country, ski jumping, nordic combined, disabled alpine, disabled cross country or snowboard),
- What years on the national team and which team you competed on (World Cup, A Team, B Team, Olympic, World Championships, Paralympics),
- Current contact information including mailing address, email and phone
- Any information regarding occupation, marital status, children (especially if they're aspiring ski or snowboard athletes),
- And any fun memories of being on the national team you'd be interested in sharing.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Mail - U.S. Ski Team & U.S. Snowboarding, Attn: Jill DeVleming/Alumni News, Box 100, Park City, UT 84060,
Call - 435.647.2080.