Skip navigation
www.cxcacademy.com/

11 Inches of Snow in West Yellowstone

Tue, Nov  20, 2007 - By Jamie Greene

With just days to go before the start of the 2007 Yellowstone Ski Festival the question on everyone's mind is "How is the snow?" In an effort to keep everyone current, we will do our best to update this page regularly over the next 2-3 days.

Here is the situation as of 6:30 AM, Tuesday, November 20: Snow!! I measured 11 inches of new snow in front of my house this morning. Our groomer was out early rolling the Rendezvous Ski Trails - we will be skiing in town today. A decision about the Supertour races will be made later today.

The weather forecast for West Yellowstone (zip code 59758) reads as follows:

  • Today: Snow this morning will taper off to light snow this afternoon. Cooler. High 23F. Winds light and variable. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.
  • Tonight: Mainly clear. Low 3F. Winds light and variable.
  • Tomorrow: Mostly sunny skies. Cold. High 23F. Winds light and variable.
  • Tomorrow night: Mostly clear skies. Cold. Low near 0F. Winds light and variable.
  • Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 20s and lows in the mid single digits.
  • Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 20s and lows in the upper single digits.
  • Saturday: More sun than clouds. Highs in the upper 20s and lows in the low teens.

The inconvenient truth about the Super Tour Races: As of now, we are planning on holding the Super Tour races. The organizing committee will meet Tuesday morning, November 20th and make a decision as to whether or not we will proceed with or cancel the races. The committee’s decision will be posted on this web page by approximately 12:00 noon, MST, Tuesday, November 20th

The Fall Camp Nordic Ski Clinic Update: The 5 day clinic will proceed as planned for those still interested in participating. Although snow conditions are currently marginal, there are coaches in West Yellowstone ready to teach. Additionally, the current forecast looks good. The on snow portion of the clinics will take place on the plateau. A decision as to whether we will hold the 3 day clinic will be made by approximately 12:00 noon, MST, Tuesday, November 20th. If you have questions, please call Drew Barney at 406-646-9379.

We will do what we can to keep this report up to date. Please keep in mind that we only need about 4 inches of snow to start grooming and that rarely a year goes by when we aren't lacking in snow a few days before the Ski Festival starts. Think Snow!