One of our major goals for the 2008 North American Vasa was to greatly expand and improve our Sunday Gran Travers 6km and 16km races. We have partnered with our long-time presenting sponsor Hagerty Insurance. Since they are the leading supplier of insurance for Classic Cars and Boats, it was a natural fit for them. They are also proponents of a healthy life style for their employees and promote community involvement in many local activities.
I will list some of the new amenities on Sunday:
- Newly designed Hagerty Gran Travers medals for age group winners.
- Plaques for both male and female winners of the 16km race.
- A new aid station approximately midway on the 16km course.
- A contest for the funniest/strangest costume on a skier.
- Hot soup and more food at the finish line.
- Additional staffing and support provided by a team of Hagerty volunteers both along the course and at the start/finish line.
Come out and join us at 9am on Sunday Feb. 10th for either the 6km or the 16km Gran Travers Classic races. Michigan Cup points will be awarded for the longer race.