If you are not going to the Birkie but are still eager to race/train, come to the Stokely Creek Time Trial. Saturday February 23, Stokely Creek Club is sponsoring the 15-kilometer Nordic Time Trial. Stokely Creek, 20K north of Sault Sainte Marie Ontario, it is a great venue for a ski race. A few good reasons to drive up for the weekend:
More info and registration form.
- The snow base right now is awesome at Stokely making all best lookout points well groomed and accessible. The entire system is open including secondary trails.
- A visit to Sault Sainte Marie means you can ski two great trail systems in one weekend, Hiawatha and Stokely.
- 15K is great distance with enough hills to make it challenging without wearing you down, not to long that you have to be in great shape but long enough to get a good workout; both skate and classic skiing styles.
- Great prizes, like winning a free night stay at Stokely Creek Lodge; raffle prizes for those that don’t win overall prizes.
- A great way to get ready for the Black Mountain Classic the following weekend!
- Free hot food and cookies at Party-time in the Dayskiers Cabin.