SCHONACH, Germany (Jan. 23) – With the World Cup nordic combined circuit winding down in preparation for the 2010 Olympics, Bryan Fletcher (Steamboat Springs, CO) stuck it out to lead the way for the U.S. Saturday, finishing 35th in Germany.
Jason Lamy Chappuis of France celebrated his fifth victory in the season, and tenth in his career, relegating Pavel Churavy of the Czech Republic in second and Alessandro Pittin of Italy in third place.
Taylor Fletcher (Steamboat Springs, CO) followed Bryan for U.S. results, finishing 38th. Alex Miller (Steamboat Springs, CO) rounded out U.S. results in 40th.
The World Cup in Germany continues Sunday then moves on to Austria Jan. 30-31 before breaking for the Games in February. The Olympic Team for Nordic combined is back in the U.S. preparing for Vancouver.
2010 FIS Nordic Combined World Cup
Schonach, Germany – Jan. 23, 2010
1. Jason Lamy Chappuis, France (4/9) 21:34.5
2. Pavel Churavy, Czech Republic (1/12) +2.1 (seconds out)
3. Alessandro Pittin, Italy (1/13) +4.4
4. Bjoern Kircheisen, Germany (12/10) +33.7
5. Tino Edelmann, Germany (12/10) +42.9
35. Bryan Fletcher, Steamboat Springs, CO (35/31) +2:04.8
38. Taylor Fletcher, Steamboat Springs, CO (53/4) +2:30.1
40. Alex Miller, Steamboat Springs, CO (43/32) +2:33.9