It is official. The race will end at Forestville. Although we received
about 2 inches of fluffy snow last night, it is not enough to get all
1400 skiers to the Dome. There are some important issues that everyone
needs to be well aware of with a Forestville finish.
1. CLOTHING BAG ISSUE. We ARE going to get your clothing bags to
the Forestville Finish Line. We recommend that you find your clothing
bag and then board a bus to the Dome for warm showers, soup and
results. Busses will be running every 10 minutes from the Forestville
finish line area to the Superior Dome.
2. We will be closing the Forestville finish line area at noon on
Friday for the Jr. Noque prep and race. For skiing on Friday, we
recommend that you ski at Al Quaal, 510 Trail Head, and possibly the
Tourist Park trail head (should be skiable but not raceable by Friday).
You will not be able to park near the Forestville Trailhead after
12:00PM on Friday the 26th.
3. SPECTATORS. We encourage spectators to come out to the
Forestville finish line by taking a bus from the Superior Dome to the
finish line. We will have busses running every 10 minutes beginning at
10 am. We can not accommodate spectator parking at the Forestville
finish line and will be turning back all vehicles that are not race
4. Stop by the booths at the ski expo for updated trail conditions, waxing tips, weather forecasts, and more.
5. The trail conditions are excellent from Al Quaal to Forestville.
Enjoy your race day. We look forward to seeing you this weekend.