The new season is about to start! Here is a summary of some changes in the family lives of the World Cup athletes since last season as provided by the different National Ski Associations.
- Sara Renner is planning to return to the World Cup in January after a baby break (Aria was born in Feburary 2007).
- Kamila Rajdlova is pregnant and will continue her career in 2008/2009.
- Kristina Šmigun-Vähi married Kristjan Thor Vähi in July 2007. She will take a break this season and is diligently studying English in the United States.
- Pirjo Muranen (fromer Pirjo Manninen) got married in June.
- Kirsi Antila (former Kirsi Vaelimaa) also got married this summer.
- Karine Laurent-Philippot was married to Massimo Laurent in the autumn of 2006 and will start under her double name this season.
- Christophe Perrillat became father in December 2006. His wife is Aurélie Storti, a former Cross-Country World Cup athlete.
- Alexandre Rousselet became father for the second time in March 2007 (son Noé).
- Fabio Santus had a son, Filippo, in October.
- Elena Kolomina and Svetlana Malahova are pregnant.
- Jens Arne Svartedal became father of daughter Ellinor in September 2007.
- Olga Savialova and Alena Sidko are pregnant.
- Julija Tchepalova will return to the World Cup after having a baby, daughter Vaselina, with Vassili Rotchev in February 2007.
- Eugenie Dementiev was married to Ekaterina this summer.
- Nikolai Pankratov also got married this summer.
- Kikkan Randall got engaged to a Canadian named Jeff Ellis this summer.
*Completeness of this list not guaranteed