The Noquemanon Trail Network is currently taking applications for the below positions.
Noquemanon Trail Network Ski Operations/Grooming Coordinator
- Mechanical knowledge essential
- Experience operating heavy equipment and snowmobiles
- Basic upkeep of equipment-fuel, fluids, parts, repairs
- Understanding of cross country ski trail grooming
- Monitor snowmobile log sheets
- Evaluate snow conditions daily
- Evaluate groomer time sheets for accuracy
- Field grooming comments diplomatically
- Orient and train grooming staff on proper procedures
- Schedule paid and volunteer groomers
- Communicate to administrator daily the status of trail grooming
- Long irregular hours possible/probable
- On-call December 1 through April 1
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have reliable phone accessibility
- Physically strong
Noquemanon Trail Hospitality Coordinator
Candidate will coordinate the activities at the Forestville Trailhead in Marquette Township. Duties will include managing ski and snowshoe rentals, ticket sales and trail concierge.
- Handle money/deposits from pass and membership sales
- Sell merchandise
- Communicate ski conditions to members and customers
- Have knowledge of Nordic skiing and rent ski/snowshoe equipment
- Coordinate volunteers
- Maintain heated trailhead by stocking snack area, stoking woodstove, cleaning and shoveling.
Hours will include frequent weekends and Christmas/New Years. Part-time seasonal position from December-March.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Noquemanon Trail Network
PO Box 746
Marquette, MI 49855